Laser level – a device for plotting horizontally or vertically in the form of lines or dots using LEDs. Laser levels are used on construction sites, in landscape design, as well as for the repair of apartments and houses. Easy control, affordable price and compact size make laser levels affordable for everyone. Using the laser level, you can quickly and easily paste wallpapers, lay tiles, hang a picture or a shelf. It is enough to turn on the device, press the button and direct the beam to the surface – a straight line or perpendicular is ready, you can start work.
The choice of models on the market is wide, from the cheapest Chinese options to professional laser levels. In a large number of characteristics it is easy to get confused, but everyone can find and buy the best laser level suitable for the work performed.
How To Use Laser Levels
What to look for when choosing a level?
- Type of device – a static laser level is able to cope with most tasks when repairing an apartment or a house, you can choose a universal device that can project both lines and points. The rotation level is of high cost and is used only by professionals at large construction sites.
- Manufacturer – to achieve high accuracy results, you should choose a tool with good optics, a reliable body and high-quality diodes. Companies such as Leica, Spectra Precision can guarantee the high quality and reliability of the equipment supplied.
- Operating range – for working in a room, as a rule, a working distance of VM is enough, for working on a construction site it is worth choosing a beam range of more than 20 meters, and professional devices, for example, of a rotary type, can spread the beam to a distance of 300 or more meters.
- The accuracy of the device – the error of budget models of unknown brands can be high, but the equipment of popular brands can provide accuracy of up to 5-1 mm at a distance of tens of meters. The most accurate are the laser levels of the rotary type. To ensure projection accuracy, it is necessary to periodically check the laser level.
- Self-leveling system – when choosing a device, we advise you to pay attention to the laser level self-leveling, this greatly simplifies the work making it fast and accurate.
- The number and direction of the rays – the simplest and cheapest models of the laser level can project one or two beams, this is enough to perform simple tasks, but to solve more complex ones, you should buy a laser level with a turn of the degrees of the rays, the price of such a device is higher, but apart from building the horizontal and vertically, it can direct the beam to the right, left, and also project points. A large number of beams allows several specialists to do the work simultaneously, for example, laying tiles on opposite walls.
- Options – a device, a set of batteries or a battery, instructions are included in the standard package, sometimes a case for storage is included in the standard package, but often it has to be purchased separately. In professional devices, the kit may include a target and special glasses, as well as radiation detectors, these devices allow you to work over long distances.
- Type of fastening – to repair a house, it is enough to buy a laser level, which can be used by placing the device on the floor. But to work outdoors, you need a tripod for the laser level, which can be bundled with the device or must be purchased separately, given the size of the thread.
- Price – the cost of the laser level can vary dozens of times, but everyone knows that if you buy the cheapest laser level, you should not expect the same result from it as from a high-quality device